First-year Orientation (July 2022)
All first-year students are expected to attend New Student Orientation
- Tuesday, May 10 - New Student Orientation Registration System Opens @ 10 a.m. (PT)
- Tuesday, May 24 - Pre-Orientation Modules sent to first-year students
- Late June/early July - Virtual Coordinated Care Advisor meeting
- June 17 - Late fee to register for New First-Year Student Orientation begins
- Friday, July 1 - Deadline to register for New First-Year Student Orientation
Here’s why you must attend:
- Register and/or finalize your fall course schedule at orientation*
- Learn about your GE (general education), major and graduation requirements
- Engage in essential academic planning and course registration assistance
- Learn to use SDSU’s registration system and other my.SDSU services
- Meet with assistant deans, advisers, and trained student Ambassadors
- Learn what it means to be a responsible member of the SDSU community
- Embrace SDSU's values and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Start making SDSU your new home by meeting new friends
To facilitate a smooth orientation reservation process, please keep the following in mind:
- Space is limited for each orientation program due to classroom capacities and more importantly, to facilitate students making connections in small groups.
- Do not make travel arrangements before you have made a reservation for New Student Orientation.
- You can make your reservation online beginning on Tuesday, May 10 at 10 a.m. (PT)
- Once in the registration system, you will be able to choose from ONLY the dates still available for your major.
- If you can travel to San Diego only once for any SDSU events, please attend New Student
Orientation in July.
In addition to New Student Orientation, your first year at SDSU also includes:
- New Student and Family Convocation
Saturday, Aug. 20, 2022
A ceremony to officially welcome all new students and their families to the SDSU community. All new students are expected to attend and are encouraged to bring their parents and family members with them.
- Welcome Week (Students only)
Thursday, Aug. 18 – Saturday, Aug. 27, 2022
A series of programs and activities to help facilitate a sense of belonging and community for new students, while welcoming returning students back to SDSU.
In order to register for classes on your orientation day, you MUST:
- Submit final transcripts which include spring 2022 grades/credits and date of graduation.
If you haven’t done so already, you must provide a final official high school transcript showing spring 2022 grades/credits and date of graduation, and official test scores, no later than July 15, 2022. However, if you are attending Orientation, your final official transcript(s) must be received in the SDSU Office of Admissions at least one week prior to your Orientation date. If we do not receive your transcript by this date, an administrative hold will be placed on your university record and you will be unable to register for fall classes. This transcript is in addition to the transcripts you submitted with your Intent to Enroll.
- Complete the pre-orientation modules.
- Attend the entire orientation program, approximately 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
(NOTE: Information is subject to change)