Before you make your Family Weekend reservation, please read the policies and guidelines below.
Public Health Policies/Guidelines* for SDSU Family Weekend
Please note that these policies and guidelines may differ from your hometown, state, or country of origin. SDSU students, faculty and staff have done an excellent job of following SDSU’s COVID-19 public health policies. Please help us keep our campus community healthy and safe by following them as well. We appreciate your cooperation in maintaining the health and well-being of the SDSU Community a top priority, including you and your student’s health during Family Weekend.
Following California Department of Public Health (CDPH) guidelines for large-scale events, participants of SDSU’s Family Weekend on October 15, 16, and 17 must adhere to the following:
- Residence Hall Guest Policy for Family Weekend:
- Residential students are able to check-in two Family Weekend guests, from 8 a.m. -
8 p.m. on the following days:
- Friday, October 15, 2021
- Saturday, October 16, 2021
- Sunday, October 17, 2021
- No overnight guests will be allowed.
- Facial coverings will also be required at all times while inside the on-campus residential communities. This includes the following communities: Tenochca Hall, Zura Hall, Maya Hall, Olmeca Hall, Tacuba Hall, Tepeyac Hall, South Campus Plaza North, South Campus Plaza South, Huaxyacac Hall, Chapultepec Hall, University Towers, [email protected] Apartments, Aztec Corner Apartments, Granada Apartments, Piedra del Sol Apartments, Villa Alvarado Apartments, and Zapotec Apartments.
- Residential students are able to check-in two Family Weekend guests, from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. on the following days:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccine will not be required for families to access campus based on CDPH guidelines for large events.
- The Football Watch Party and the BBQ on the Mesa events will have over 500 attendees, therefore both events will be held outdoors and facial coverings will be required, regardless of vaccination status. There will be designated food areas where facial coverings can be removed while eating.
- Due to the current public health guidelines and SDSU COVID-19 policies, venue capacities will be limited and tickets to the Football Game Watch Party and BBQ on the Mesa may sell out quickly.
- All attendees are required to follow the university’s facial covering policy while on campus, which requires facial coverings for all students and visitors at all times when indoors.
- While on campus and outdoors (and on campus tours), unvaccinated individuals must wear facial coverings if they are unable to maintain six feet of distance from others. Vaccinated individuals are encouraged to wear facial coverings. Facial coverings are mandated for large scale events and indoor activities.
Please remember to bring your own facial covering. In the event that you do not have one with you, you can purchase them at the SDSU Bookstore, Aztec Markets, or from the COVID-19 Test vending machines.
Cancellation Policy for SDSU Family Weekend
Once a reservation has been received, no refunds will be made for cancellation or no-shows. Please make sure you will be able to attend prior to making your reservation.
*All content and events subject to change.