PARENT Resources and Tips
Click here to view the Fall 2021 Parent & Family Webinar - Move-In & Dining
Parent Resource Links
- Career Services Resources for Parents
- Financial Aid & Scholarships for Parents
- Student Health Services for Parents
- Counseling & Psychological Services for Parents
- Fraternity and sorority life, parents’ guide
- Well-being & Health Promotion Parent Resource
- Advising and Evaluations
- Admissions Office
- Office of Housing Administration/Residential Education
- Office of the Registrar
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
Including information on the Student Code of Conduct and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Office of Housing Administration COVID-19 information for residents
- SDSU COVID-19 page - Information for students
- Counseling & Psychological Services - COVID-19 Self Care
- Freshman Orientation Sign Up - credit card and student SDSUID required
- Housing - step-by-step instructions on how to apply for university housing
- Map of campus - interactive resource for locating buildings, parking structures, etc.
- Student Account Services - make a payment for basic tuition & fees
(these require student's SDSUID to log in)
- AidLink - AidLink is a secure online system that gives students 24-hour access to their SDSU financial aid records and SDSU scholarship application(s). Where students activate and manage documents for grants, financial aid and loans.
- Canvas - Canvas serves as the primary learning management system for SDSU. Faculty can post course content, recorded lectures, YouTube videos, discussions, grades, tests and more. See IT Services for more information.
- Get Card (SDSUCard) - manage your money, order food, do laundry & more!
- Handshake - allows students to more easily connect with employers and search for jobs, internships, event information, and on-campus recruiting opportunities
- IT Services - your student can use their SDSUID to securely access many campus IT services and is their single identifier to access all IT services, workstations/devices, and labs at SDSU. Password management is self-service and recoverable through a variety of options, all selected and managed by the student.
- Parking - students and guests can purchase permits, pay citations, and appeal citations. Please make sure you have your vehicle information prior to purchasing a permit as it will be required the first time you register in the portal.
- Web Portal - Admission status check, class schedule and registration, transcripts, official contact information.
Where to suggest your student turn first, if the issue is:
- A roommate ...
Resident Assistant (RA) or Residence Hall Coordinator in the hall
- Personal ...
Counseling & Psychological Services
- A cold or flu ...
Student Health Services
- Selecting a major ...
Office of Advising and Evaluations or Career Services
- Changing a major ...
Office of the Registrar or academic department
- Study skills ...
Counseling & Psychological Services or Academic Advising Center
- Trouble with a class ...
First, course instructor; then, department office
- Trouble with a course instructor ...
Department chair or Office of the Student Ombudsman
- Food/meal plans ...
Aztec Shops student meal plan
Email: [email protected]
- Changing an address ...
Student address: Student’s Web Portal
Account parent address: email [email protected] or call 619-594-1653
- Applying for scholarships ...
Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Finding employment ...
- Residency classifications ...
Office of the Registrar
- Involvement opportunities, joining a club or organization ...
Student Life & Leadership