Transfer Orientation (Friday, January 8, 2021)
All spring 2021 admited transfer students are expected to attend New Student Orientation
Parents and family members are welcome to register and participate in Parent and Family Orientation. This option can be selected during the reservation process for New Student Orientation.
Here’s why you must attend:
- Register for classes
- Understand General Education, major, testing and graduation requirements
- Receive essential academic planning and course registration assistance
- Learn how to use SDSU’s Web registration system
- Meet virtually with Assistant Deans, faculty advisers and trained student Ambassadors
- Ease your transition to SDSU
- Learn what it means to be a responsible member of the SDSU community
You can make your reservation online beginning on Monday, October 26 at 10 a.m. (PST)
Reservations MUST be made by November 20 to participate and register for classes on
In order to register for classes, you MUST complete the following steps:
- Pay the full amount of your course registration fees two weeks prior to attending orientation in order to have your fees processed in time. If you pay online, your fees will be processed by the next business day. You MUST pay your fees on time or you will not be able to register for classes at orientation.
- Submit final transcripts – includes final grades through summer 2020.
- Complete the pre-orientation modules before the orientation date.
What students have to say ...
“The academic advice I received from my faculty adviser and assistant dean eased my
transition from the community college to SDSU.”
“My Ambassador was awesome. She made me feel comfortable about coming to SDSU.”
(NOTE: Information subject to change)