TRANSFER VIRTUAL ORIENTATION (for new fall 2021 students)
ALL transfer students are expected to attend New Student Orientation
As part of New Student Orientation, you will:
- Be assigned a personal Orientation Leader (SDSU Ambassador).
- Learn about all of the valuable student services and academic resources available to promote your personal and academic success.
- Learn the importance of being involved in student life, and many of the options available to commuter and residential students alike.
- Register for classes on your orientation date (if basic course registration fees are paid with no holds, and you have completed the entire online orientation program).*
- Understand General Education, major and graduation requirements.
- Receive essential academic planning and course registration assistance.
- Learn to use SDSU’s registration system and other SDSU WebPortal services.
- Have a virtual meeting with Assistant Deans, and trained student Ambassadors.
- Learn what it means to be a responsible member of the SDSU community.
Space is limited for each orientation date. You can make your reservation online beginning on Tuesday, May 11 by clicking on the "Sign Up Page." Once in the registration system, you will be able to choose from the dates available for your college.
SDSU Imperial Valley Campus Students and SDSU Global Campus Students, orientation will be managed by your campus staff. Please be on the lookout for communication from IVC and GC staff regarding orientation.
New Student Orientation also includes:
- New Student and Family Convocation
A ceremony to officially welcome all new students and their families to the SDSU community.
- Welcome Week (for students only)
A series of programs and activities to welcome students to campus life.
*In order to register for classes, you MUST complete the Steps to Enroll:
What students have to say ...
“The academic advice I received from my assistant dean eased my transition to SDSU.” - Beatriz
“The orientation program helped guide me in the right direction when choosing classes.” - Connor
“My Ambassador was awesome. She made me feel comfortable about transferring to SDSU.” - Sandy
(NOTE: Information is subject to change)