FRESHMAN New Student Orientation (Summer 2021)
All first-time freshmen are expected to complete New Student Orientation.
As part of New Student Orientation, you will:
- Be assigned a personal Orientation Leader.
- Learn about all of the valuable student services and academic resources available to promote your personal and academic success.
- Learn the importance of being involved in student life, and many of the options available to commuter and residential students alike.
- Register for classes on your orientation date (if basic course registration fees are paid with no holds, and you have completed the pre-orientation modules.)*
- Understand General Education, major and graduation requirements.
- Receive essential academic planning and course registration assistance.
- Learn to use SDSU’s registration system and other SDSU WebPortal services.
- Have a virtual meeting with SDSU academic advisors, Assistant Deans and trained student Ambassadors.
- Learn what it means to be a responsible member of the SDSU community.
Space is limited for each orientation date. You can make your reservation online beginning on Tuesday, May 11 by clicking on the "Sign Up Page." Once in the registration system, you will be able to choose from the dates available for your college.
SDSU Imperial Valley Campus Students and SDSU Global Campus Students, orientation will be managed by your campus staff. Please be on the lookout for communication from IVC and GC staff regarding orientation.
New Student Orientation also includes:
- New Student and Family Convocation
A ceremony to officially welcome all new students and their families to the SDSU community.
- Welcome Week (for students only)
A series of programs and activities to welcome students to campus life.
*In order to register for classes, you MUST complete the steps to enroll: https://admissions.sdsu.edu/freshmen/admitted
What students have to say...
“The academic advice I received from my Assistant Dean eased my transition to SDSU.” - Beatriz
“My Ambassador was awesome. She made me feel comfortable about coming to SDSU.” - Sandy
“Through the orientation program, I made strong connections with new and current students. It helped guide me in the right direction in choosing classes.” - Connor
(NOTE: Information is subject to change)