FRESHMAN VIRTUAL ORIENTATION (Summer 2020)
All first-time freshmen are expected to complete New Student Orientation.
As part of New Student Orientation, you will:
- Be assigned a personal Orientation Leader.
- Learn about all of the valuable student services and academic resources available to promote your personal and academic success.
- Learn the importance of being involved in student life, and many of the options available to commuter and residential students alike.
- Register for classes on your orientation date (if basic course registration fees are paid with no holds, and you have completed the entire online orientation program)*
- Understand General Education, major and graduation requirements.
- Receive essential academic planning and course registration assistance.
- Learn to use SDSU’s registration system and other SDSU WebPortal services.
- Have a virtual meeting with Assistant Deans, and trained student Ambassadors.
- Learn what it means to be a responsible member of the SDSU community.
Space is limited for each orientation date. You can make your reservation online beginning on Tuesday, May 12 at 10 a.m. (PST) by clicking on "Online Sign Up." Once in the registration system, you will be able to choose from the dates available for your college.
Orientation also includes:
- New Student and Family Convocation
A ceremony to officially welcome all new students and their families to the SDSU community. All new students are expected to attend and are encouraged to bring their parents and family members with them.
- Welcome Week (for students only)
A series of programs and activities to welcome students to campus life.
*In order to register for classes, you MUST complete the following steps:
- Complete all of the virtual orientation modules.
- Pay the full amount of your course registration fees two weeks prior to your orientation date in order to have your fees processed in time. If you pay online, your fees will be processed by the next business day. You must pay your fees on time or you will not be able to register for classes on your orientation date.
- You must clear any holds indicated on the "My Registration" page located in your SDSU WebPortal. It can take up to 48 hours to clear some holds.
- Submit final transcripts, if possible, including final grades from spring 2020 (find updates regarding transcript requirements, please visit: admissions.sdsu.edu/covid-19-faq)
What students have to say ...
“Through the orientation program, I made strong connections with new and current students. It helped guide me in the right direction in choosing classes.” - Connor
“The academic advice I received from my assistant dean eased my transition to SDSU.” - Beatriz
“My orientation leader was awesome. She made me feel comfortable about coming to SDSU.” - Sandy
(NOTE: Information is subject to change)